Time has gotten away from me again!! I meant to blog about our fun Thanksgiving weeks ago and then give updates all through December but here it is December 21st and I am just getting to it!!
Thanksgiving was great - seemed a little small this year and we really missed Mel and Pam (Kal's dad and step mom). Mel wasn't feeling up to it unfortunately - guess too much fun with Kal and Pam in Reno a couple weeks earlier so they stayed at home and ended up in the hospital unfortunately. Sounds like there was a mix up with meds and made his blood sugar drop way to low - but I hear he is feeling a little better and he is getting rested for Christmas!!!!
My mom and dad and Kal's mom came over and we ate, watched football, played football (thanks mom and dad for playing with Ash!) and then went to Uncle Benton and Aunt Vicky's to say hi and see mom and dad's friends from Albuquerque Mike and Maryanne. We really had a great day!!
Since Thanksgiving we have been busy with work, school and steadily getting ready for Santa's arrival!! Kal is such a great dad and has spent so much time making sure his boys will wake up on Christmas morning with all they wished for!! The boys and I all went to the Galleria a couple of weekends like we have done every year since Ash was born to see Santa and have a great Mi Cocina dinner!! Canyen was all about seeing Santa until it was his turn and he turned and tried to bolt under the decorations to escape that bearded man in the red suit!! My mom tells me I had a little problem with the beard myself when I was little too! Kal was able to sit with him and talk to him and Santa long enough to get him comfortable enough for one quick picture. Ashten almost looks scared too but only because his smile started fading as his job was to sit and smile until we could get Can smiling - that never happened so the picture is sort of funny!! I don't have it scanned it but I'll have to get to and post it too!!
The next weekend Grandma and Papa too the boys to see the trains at Northpark so Kal and I could have a dinner out and get some parent shopping done! :) They all said they had a great time! I got a picture of them all dressed up cute ready to go!! Ashten really wanted to wear shorts (he isn't accepting winter very well) so compromised on a short sleeve shirt - this is Dallas I guess! :)
We saw Santa again the day after the trains on a quick trip to the mall after church and we figured out the trick! Canyen was still hanging out under Kal and my legs while his big brother was telling Santa everything he wanted and questioning him on what elfs really look like (even down to what size they really are!) - when I saw Santa pull out a candy cane. I quickly told Canyen "look Santa is giving your brother candy" and that's all it took - all his fear was gone and he marched up to get his candy!! I finally got my picture!!!
We did Christmas cookies with Grandma last night too and Ashley and Chuck and kids all came over as we sadly watched the Cowboy's lose their last game in Texas Stadium - I'll blog about that on the next one - I have to go work on Christmas cards ...... I am almost too late!! :)
+2.jpg)
1 comment:
I was so glad to see your posts! This was a crazy month but I was beginning to think I lost one of my blogging friends! The picture with Santa turned out adorable!
Post a Comment