Easten is now 11 weeks old and a much happier little dude since we got him started on Prevacid about a month ago. Poor thing was just hurting too much and I knew something wasn't right and sure enough - we started him on it and I started to see improvement right away but it really took almost 2 weeks to really kick in good. He is growing so much and so alert now. He is smiling so much more and really watching everything around him. His brothers love him so much and you can tell by the way he looks at them he knows how lucky he is!!! I also think he is already watching them and learning what not to do to stay out of trouble!!

Can't believe I would be going back to work next week if I hadn't lost my job right before E was born!! I am so glad I am not having to go back full time anywhere right now. Almost 12 weeks into this and I am still trying not to stress over everything and enjoy my time at home!! It's been so hard to relax and be happy about being at home with my "maternity leave" starting off so forced and in such a bad place. Starting off my leave so negatively, adding a 3rd kid and lack of sleep has made me feel so uneasy this whole time. I almost feel like I have missed out on some of the baby stuff I shouldn't have, and then that stresses me out even more - my last baby and I am missing it!! I am determined to get that out of my mind and chill out though!! God will take care of us and put the opportunity I need in front of me and help figure out the next step!!! E and I are sleeping through the night now and have been for a week consistenly now so the fog is starting to clear!!
Canyen and grandma and papa are still having lots of fun together on their Canyen day each week. They have gone to Elmo live, the park, the movies and really his favorite just hanging out at their house!! I appreciate it too!!
Saying goodbye to his puppy with backpack on ready to go meet Grandma!!
Canyen finally made his first trip to the dentist too!! Ash had a appt too and they were so good I almost thought aliens had taken over their bodies - I was a very proud mommy when the dentist told me how well behaved they were!! They looked at me a little surprised themselves! :)
Loving just hanging out with baby brother
Ashten is finishing up 1st grade and finishing strong!! We are so proud of how well he is behaiving and at how much he is learning. He is almost through wtih the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid book and he just started 4 days ago!!! Grandma was his chaperone this month on his field trip to the Dallas Aquariume!!
Auntie Natalie, David and Jalen came to visit over spring break! We had a great time - J and Ash were inseperable the whole time and little Canyen came up and tried to join in too!! Easten was very very busy being held by Auntie - pretty sure she only put him down if absolutely necessary!!! We all had a great time and they even watched all 4 boys so Kal and I could get out for the first time since December alone!! We had Sushi and came out to a huge snowstorm in March - in Dallas??

Baseball season has started!! Love this time of year so much!! Canyen gets to play Blastball this year and I am so excited for him!! Finally he gets his turn to have everyone cheer him on!! He is so cute and wants to make his daddy so proud - he had me tuck in his Astros shirt the other day before practice when he heard the garage door opening and then looked at me as he ran downstairs and said " my daddy will be proud of me!" Ashten is excited for Can too which I am so glad of! I am want all my boys to support eachother and help eachother always!! Our Yankees are awesome again this year - we had a weird draft and Kal wasn't able to get as many guys as he wanted from our team last year but the names he drew ended up being great!! First games were last Saturday and they tore it up!! And I must say as team mom we did awesome on their uniforms - they look great !!!!!
On top of baseball Ashten is also playing NFL Flag football - he is so happy because he is getting to play for our friend Doug (also one of the baseball coaches) and he has some friends from school on his team as well as his buddy Nate that he has played baseball for the last couple of years. They are the Saints and are good!! I was so confused and cold at their first game though that I didn't know what was going on - it's not like normal football at all!! :) I'll have to pay better attention next time!!
Well - I think that brings us up to speed through March!! Oh forgot to mention - my mom and dad sold their house and have bought a house in a really cool neighborhood with pools, basketball courts, playgrounds, a gym and waterslides just about 10 minutes away!!! We are all so excited!!!!!! I might send the boys to their house for the summers!! hahaha!!!
+2.jpg)
1 comment:
Kari - love the updates! Easten is absolutely adorable along with Canyen and Ashten. You have got some hansome boys on your hands! You have got to be so busy! I guess we better just get used to it for the next 18 years huh? I am so sorry you are stressed about your job. Just take it day by day, you pegged it just right, what is meant to be will be and you are a strong woman and will find your way.
So excited to hear your parents are moving closer to you. Mine live about ten minutes away and we love it! Can never repay Grandma and Grandpa for all they do huh?
Post a Comment