Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How did the summer fly by????


So it's mid October and I am finally going to post some pics and talk about July and August!!! It's okay though - things happen so quick around here it seems like if I stop and look back and what we have done I get to really think about it stop and enjoy it again!! :)


July

Baseball was over so swimming was in full force!!! The boys have been swimming just about everyday! It's pretty hot in Dallas in July so the pool is a great great escape!! Easten is loving the pool too which makes it great for me too! And so exciting Canyen started swimming without floaties on 7/19/10!! He is an awesome swimmer!!!



July is a normally our month for vacations - we didn't have a big vacatoin planned this year since Easten is just a baby, but we did plan on making it to Phoenix to see Aunt Maggie, Auntie Natalie, Uncle Lethan and Auntie Shayla!!! Easten did great on his first plane ride. Ashten was so excited to see Jalen and they had a great time - pretty much inseperable the entire time we were there.
I sometimes feel bad for Canyen though - stuck in the middle can be a little hard sometimes but Ashten is really trying to include him as much as he can (with a little nudging from me too! :O). It was great to see my Aunt Maggie and my dad's cousin John. I think Aunt Maggie is settling into Phoenix perfectly!! Also got to hang with Lethan a little and got to see a couple of Jeff's old friends. It was great talking about Jeff and hearing them tell stories about him! I guess I'll never stop missing my brother!

First flight for baby E!!




Waiting for our flight out of El Paso






Auntie Natalie playing dress up with Canyen - I think she sent him home with at least 3 new costumes too!! :) He made her wear earrings and the tiara! :)




Aunt Maggie's house - so many instruments the boys didn't know what to do!!





Baby E meets everyone!!!










Uncle Doyle came to Dallas too and that was great!! He built a wall for my parents around the flower beds and my boys think he is about the coolest guy ever! I completely get it - I have always thought that too! :)









We also got over to Anne's house for Jim's birthday - this was a busy month for Easten meeting so many family members! :) I think he was up for the challenge. He still have lots to meet though so anyone who wants to come visit - come on down! :)


August

August came out of now where and I started panicking that we needed to take one more little trip before football and school started so we headed off to San Antonio for a weekend. Definitely one of mine and Kal's favorite spots since it was our first trip together when we first met! I love it there! We ate at every Mexican food restaurant and everytime Ashten said "are we really eating Mexican food again" we would smile and say yes!! :) We went to the Alamo, Dallas Cowboys training camp, Seaworld, every Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk and hit the boat ride around the river walk on our last day!! And we hit the outlets in San Marcus on our way home and momma got 2 new pairs of jeans! :) It was a really great trip and I think we all needed to get away and just hang out together!!!





Tackle football started with a football camp. It was serious business with the coaches screaming their heads off at the kids - even gave them a lecture about how not listening to your parents now and you'll end up in jail later!!! I asked Ashten what he thought about that and he said "well I thought about that I don't believe him and by the way you can't go to "juvi" until your 10!" - lovely!!!! Anyway - Ash had a great time learning how to hit and finally not being in trouble for it! Anyone that knows my boys knows approved tackling is the best thing ever!



Chargers practice started up the next weekend and Ashten got to meet a lot of new players this year. He was so excited about his returning and new teammates. A lot more kids on the same page as Ashten this year - they care about it and want to win and Ashten is excited!!!








Fall Blastball started up for Canyen and his Astros too!! These little blastball players are so good they are going to rock it in TBall next spring!!




2nd grade and Pre-K started this month too!!! Ashten got an awesome teacher and one of his football teammates is in his class. The year is starting off great!!! It's hard to believe Canyen is now in Pre K - he was so excited on our way when he remembered that in his new classroom he gets to go to the "big" playground now!!!











Easten is just getting bigger and bigger and cuter and cuter! He loves his brothers so much - his eyes light up when he sees them! :) He is 7 months now and standing up on everything including in his crib which he fell out of! He was okay thank goodness and I lowered it that day - it was seriously like 3 days after I first saw him stand up!!


No comments: