We have had a great year so far!! Ashten turned 5 and Canyen turned 2!! Hard to believe they are getting so big so fast! Ashten had a great Spring T-Ball Season with Coach Daddy on hand - they were really good. At only 4 it was hard to believe how really great Ashten already is at that sport. I think we have some natural talent on our hands! Canyen spent time keeping grandma and sometimes papa busy running around the ballpark so I could watch the games most of the time - he wasn't too interested in sitting still! I was much more instense about it than I thought I would be - I really loved it!!! Now he has started flag football and again is excelling at it as well - they have him as defensive end, running back and sometimes they'll have him play quarter back. First game was Saturday and they won - Ashten even scored and extra point. I am so excited we are at this stage now and have sporting events to go - as my dad told Ashten - "your mom has been wanting a little boy to play football since she was a teenager!!" Both kids still love playing outside - riding bikes, eating popsicles, running races, playing army, skateboarding and sometimes even just hanging out talking to their friends (well Ash at least :O).


Ashten started kindgerten on August 22nd and is loving it - he jumps out of the car like such a big boy and runs on in - one day without even kissing me bye!! He told me he was afraid he would be late!! His teacher's name is Mrs. Thornton, and I think she will be a great fit for Ash. Canyen started a new class at school too and is heavy into potty training!! He is doing great at it and is really proud of himself!!!
Kal and I took a great trip to Switzerland to see my friend Courtney and her husband Doug and their new baby Kaitlynne this past spring. While there we took a side trip to Paris for a couple of days and had a wonderful time!!! We have never been gone for that long though so it was hard being away from the boys but I was okay and they had a great great time with Grandma and Papa!!!

Some more very exciting news is that we decided to build a pool in our backyard!!! I have so many great memories of our pool growing up and just know they will too! I also figure it's a good incentive to get people to come visit! :) It's a huge mess right now but coming together - the mud around my house is a little unsettling for me but I am managing - ha ha!!
I'll update these as new things happen and post lots of pictures so you can see how the kids are growing!!!
+2.jpg)
1 comment:
Kari - I LOVE IT!!!! I am so excited that you decided to become a blogger too. Now I just need to figure out how to link yours to mine and we will be set!
The boys are adorable and it made me so happy to see pics of your mom and dad! Please tell them I said hello!
Now I better get on the ball and update my blog!
I miss you!
Post a Comment