Kindergarten is full of fun family projects - one of which was to create a Turkey!! Kal is pretty artistic and was really excited about this one - he picked Ash up from school and headed to Hobby Lobby to buy supplies!! The next night they made their turkey masterpiece - complete with real feathers and a tuxedo!! Ashten was very proud to take his Turkey Project to school to turn in.
We also got to make dog tags for Papa, Grandpa Hughes and Grandpa Mel to celebrate Veteran's Day - they are hanging in the hall of the school and since it was a very special day I let Ashten wear his Papa's real dog tags from Vietnam to school for the day - he thought that was pretty cool!
Kal went out of town with his dad and Pam to Reno this past weekend so I had the boys to myself and decided I would brave our first sleep over!!! Ashten's friend Matthew came over on Friday night. They had a blast playing and I had fun building htem a fort too in Ashten's room! They played guns (with golf clubs), ball, Nintendo DS, TMNT in their tent, football on Playstation and watched a movie - or at least until Ashten fell asleep!! Sounds like me when I try to watch a movie! :) The next morning we went to the donut store and they go to wear their jammies and slippers which of course they thought was super cool!! Canyen was a trooper and just hung in there with the big guys as much as he could and really held his own when it came to eating donuts! After donuts we came home and played some more, got ready and were off to meet Aunt Carol (Matthew's mommy) at McDonalds for lunch!! It was a great night and great morning and I definitely think they deserve another sleepover again soon!!!
Tried a movie on Saturday night with Grandma and Papa but it didn't go so smoothly - Ashten feel asleep after I spilled sprite in his chair, and Canyen thought it was great to yell out - "I have to go poo poo mommy" several times!!! So we left a little early! :)
Papa and Grandma of course pulled through with one more final great event on Sunday afternoon and took them to the really cool park by their house while I ran a few errands!! I don't think there are many things my kids like more than the park with Grandma and Papa and of course Papa gave them Popsicles - so all was well with the world!!!
When daddy got home on Sunday Ashten told me to tell him the good news - I said what great new is that and he reminded me - we did great at Walmart!! So I must mention that too - Walmart shopping has been quite the headache lately - like just stepping in there isn't a beating enough - having a 2 year old who wants to walk and a 5 year old who likes to irritate the walking 2 year old was making it unbearable - but my boys made me so proud this weekend! They stayed right with me - helped me put stuff in the basket and my big boy loaded the car almost completely while I got Canyen buckled in!!! Wow - I was so impressed and so proud of them!! Of course dramatic Ashten did have to tell me as he was helping me carry in the bags once we got home that they were so heavy he was "dieing mom I am really dieing!!" :)
Unfortunately after this fun weekend Ashten's allergies really kicked in and he wasn't feeling well and was having a hard time breathing - so I had to get our his neubulizer which he hates - but we found a way to pass the time while he is getting his treatment that I think is going to work!!!
All in all we had a great week and a great weekend - but we did miss Daddy lots!! Canyen insisted that "daddy is in China" all weekend!! If you could hear him you would laugh!!!
+2.jpg)
1 comment:
We haven't braved the "sleepover" yet, but I love the idea of going to get donuts in PJ's - super cute idea!
Post a Comment