Saturday, January 2, 2010

December 2009




So football ended and we have tons of stuff to do to get ready for Christmas and baby Easten's arrival so we thought let's do basketball too!! :) Really we didn't do much during December for basketball but Ash did have his first game - he did so well and even scored the first basket!!! He had never played before and is impressing once again!!






Christmas was awesome!! Santa showed up at our house a couple days early and dropped off an elf to watch the boys. They were so excited they couldn't stand it - the elf played tricks on them at night and was never in the same spot in the morning. On Christmas morning he was gone though and left a note back to Asthen answering his questions of how old was he and when was he coming back. Michael Jordan (the name Can and Ash gave he elf!!) said he was 2009 and was coming back next November. Hopefully we'll see him again!!!




We had our traditional NM Christmas Eve at Anne's house. Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Larry were in town this year making even that much more special. It snowed on Christmas Eve (yes in Dallas!!) and the snow hung around for a couple days after Chritmas!! First White Christmas the boys have had!!!






Easten on Christmas Eve too!!! I know I look pretty bad in this pic but in my defense I had spent the entire day cleaning my house for Christmas the next day and carrying him around with me is exhausting!! :)


Christmas morning started pretty early with Canyen in our room in tears because he couldn't find his monkey he sleeps with - I pulled him into bed with us hoping he would fall asleep and forget the tree and presents he just walked past on his way to our room - a few minutes of silence and I thought it was a success and then he says whispering "mom I saw a wot of toys!" :) I told him I thought he was dreaming he should go back to sleep and again it got quiet and then he says "no really I saw toys lets go get brother!!" - so Kal and Can went and woke up Ash and they were so fast I barely got out there quick enough!! They loved what Santa brought them and so do Kal and I - he brought our family a Wii!! :) That's the kind of video game system I like!! :) All of our parents and my Aunt Maggie came over for the day and we opened up more presents than we could keep track of - played Wii - ate - napped and had a wonderful day!!!!


















Onto the next holiday - NYE!! The doctor told me that day to lay off of the crack pipe for the night and not booze it up to much :) so I followed his orders but ate so much I swear I went to bed with a headache! Maybe it was really just overly tired - I hung in there with the best of them - boys were in bed about 1:15 am and I was very close to follow!! The next day we went to Kal's dad like we always do (8 years ago is when I met his dad and step mom - how time flies. Back then it was just Kal and I and I think I had a headache then too :O and now it's Kal and I, 2 boys and I am 9 months pregnant!!!!). We had a great time as always relaxing and watching football.












2010 is here and lots of things to come!!! Our little Easten is on his way - just a few more weeks if that!!!

1 comment:

The Neilsons said...

Absolutely love the Elf idea! That is the cutest ever and sounds like so much fun. I can just hear all of the questions, "Hey, how did he get there?"

Also, great minds think alike, we have the same stockings (the snowflake ones) as you guys!

P.S. You look fabulous for being as far along as you are!