Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We Welcome Easten Jett to our family - January 10th 2010!!!!



A weekend that started off pretty horrible ended with the best gift ever!!! Friday was bad for our whole family as I was let go from my job I had been at for over 9 years. Overly stressed and 38 weeks pregnant the contractions seem to be getting worse Friday night and into Saturday but still no organized timing so I knew it wasn't time yet. With the other boys I had contractions for a month or so before I actually went into labor and so with this one I wasn't that concerned. Saturday was pretty low key as I was very upset about the news on Friday and just overwhelmed thinking about how we were going to handle all of this and a new baby. All that was gone when I woke up at 5:45 am Sunday morning and noticed the contrations had a pattern. It was like all of sudden what really mattered became so clear - my boys are what matters not a job!! I had about 11 minutues in between so I jumped into the shower and started getting ready - Kal thought it was odd that I was putting my makeup on but come on - if you have time you might as well do it - new baby means tons of photos!! :) Boys heard us about 6:45am and came down wanting to know why we were dressed and why we had a bag out - they were so excited when I told them we were going to the hospital to meet their little brother!! Ashten even got dressed in jeans and a nice shirt (normally it's athletic shorts/sweats and underarmour shirts)!!! We arrived at the hospital about 7:45 - got me checked in and Easten Jett Wong was born at 10:43 am on 1/10/10 - I think he must be a perfect 10!!!! As with the other boys things went pretty quick and with not being able to get an epidural I thank God for making this one quick too!!


On our way to the hospital!!!




Kal went and got my parents and the boys and they all came in to meet him - it was love at first sight for all of us!!! Canyen may have been a little more interested in the equipment I was hooked up to at first but his interest in Easten is great now! :) We stayed in the hospital until 1/12/10 - contemplated coming home on 1/11 but decided I should take the help one more night and am glad I did - first night home everyone was up at some point during the night including Kookie!!! :)












Things are going good now that we are settling into our new 3 kid family - Kal stayed home with me for a week and got Ash to and from school and stuff thankfully!!! I started my routine the next week and things are working out pretty well - I am hoping being home more with the boys is going to be a great thing and I am really going to be a better mom for it!!













As for work - not sure what we'll do but can't stress about it now - for now I am taking care of my boys and loving it!!!

2 comments:

Mullen said...

congratulations kari! he is handsome just like the other boys.

The Neilsons said...

Kari - Easten is adorable. I cannot believe you had such a quick labor. Super jealous! You are a beuatiful mom and have three of the most handsome boys. I can't imagine your stress about your job, but your right, family first and just remember, what is meant to be will be.