The boys were still acting so nuts the entire week before Christmas!! I thought we might have to take presents back and put a note on the chimney for Santa that he needed to take their presents somewhere else - but instead I took a deep breath (a few of them) and we made it through and once it was here they were so happy and everything was great!! I think it's the pressure of Santa coming was making them act bad! Next year I am not going to focus on "be good because Santa is watching"!! It stresses Ashten out and then Canyen follows right in line with big brother! :)
Our New Mexican tradition on Christmas Eve carried on again this year at my parents. Posole, Tamales, Enchiladas - yummmmmy!! My mom printed typed off the real Christmas Story for all the kids to read to us and my cousin Anne's oldest son William sat next to Canyen and helped him read his very own part! It was one of the sweetest things ever and was so special for Canyen!!! We then did our "white elephant" ornament exchange. Everyone had a great tiem and then I dropped Canyen's ornament (Milk and Cookies for Santa Ornament" and broke it! I felt so bad - I am pretty sure I broke his last year too! As soon as I tell him to be careful I break it! Bad bad mom!! Good good Aunt and Grandma though went and got him a new one and gave it to him after Christmas!!!


We headed home and checked the Nordic Santa Tracker and realized why the sky seemed a little red on our way home!! Santa was getting close!!!! Their expressions when they rushed off to bed were priceless - especially Canyen as he stared at Ashten explaining how they needed to hurry because Santa was so close!! I still remember that feeling when I was a kid going to be on Christmas Eve! I was so excited for them and couldn't wait to see what Santa brough them so we all rushed to bed!!!
Christmas morning was here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ashten got a Razor Go Cart, Canyen a Four Wheeler and Easten a bouncing Zebra - amongst tons and tons of other gifts!! Santa brought Kal and I some nice stuff and I had the sweetest gifts given to me from each of my boys as soon as I ran from my bedroom to get pictures before the boys tore into their presents without me!! :) They each walked up - including precious little Easten - with a small box for me. Inside each box was a ring with their birthstones wrapped all around it!! Daddy did so good on this one!!! :) I love them so much - both the boys including the old one and the rings! :)

Grandparents and aunts and uncles came over in the afternoon and brought even more presents so we tore into them again, ate and had a great great day!!! We were definetly missing Grandpa Mel though this year. I hope he was able to peak down from Heaven to watch over our holiday party!!



Later that night our great friends the Fraters also came over - the boys were all so excited to show all of their new stuff!!!
I love Christmas so much - it never gets old for me!! Still isn't the same without my brother though - missing him never ever stops!!!
+2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment