Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ashten turns 6 and Grandma turns well just another year older!


Another year has gone by and now I have a 6 year old little boy and a ??? year old mom :)!! It's hard to see him get older but great all at the same time! I am ready for all these next years have to offer - only 1 more year until tackle football and then finally finally he is going to be able to tackle without getting in trouble for it!!

Ashten woke up and ran downstairs with his little brother so excited - he was very happy to have turned 6!! We ran into say good morning to daddy who had been home sick all week with a infected foot :( and he saw his brand new Tony Hawk Freestyle total big kid bike!!!! He was so excited - of course we had to take a spin on it that morning - after his field trip at daycare camp he came home and rode again and had already quickly learned the "superman"!!


Birthday hug from Canyen!!







The boys met me, Grandma, Papa and Uncle Benton and Aunt Vicki at Macaroni Grill for Grandma and Ashten's birthday dinner!!! I really think they love sharing their day together - I have never heard a complaint out of them!! :) Maybe that's why they are so close!! Dinner was great and the lady even came and sang to them in Italian - check out Ashten's face in one of the pics below while she was singing!! :) After dinner Ash really wanted Grandma and Papa to come see his new bike but it was late so they said no - but then they just couldn't resist him and came anyway - he was excited to show off his moves!!!


Ashten watching the Italian singer :)






Now it was a wait for the big swim party!! Ashten wanted an Under Armour party since that's his favorite thing to wear - wasn't sure how to do that exactly so I just incorporated all the sports he likes to play and then we made a stencil (thanks for the suggestion Carol) and used crushed up cookies and chocolate chips to make the symbol on the cake - I think it turned it out pretty good!! Probably what saved it was how good the cake was - I can't take credit for that except for just knowing Costco cakes rock!!! :)

Lots of Ash's buddies came over and swam and ate and had a great time!!! They had a pretty mean cannon ball contest - everyone seemed to have so much fun!! After cake and riding bikes we decided to jump in for another swim - this time there weren't as many kids so we blew up the big huge pirate ship that Grandpa Mel and Grandma Pam got Ash for Christmas!! It was so cool - the kids loved it and had so much fun!! The dads thought it was pretty cool too - in fact I think they were sort of fighting over it!!!




















Now baseball is over - birthday parties are planned and executed - need to work on vacation but other than that I think we can relax for the summer!! Football will be here before we know it!! :)

2 comments:

The Neilsons said...

Happy Birthday Betty!

The Neilsons said...

How rude I am! Happy Birthday to Ashten also!